The chairperson leads and oversees society activity. Their role is to offer support,
advice and guidance to other committee members throughout the academic year.
What will the Chairperson do?
Leadership & Support
- Lead & support the efficient running of the society
- Set the societies direction and ensure that planned events and activities are in line with the society’s objectives.
- Organise & chair regular committee meetings to discuss issues and ensure all
committee members have a voice
- Support current & new committee members during hand over period
- Ensure society adheres to UUSU policies
- Ensure necessary paperwork is submitted
- Ensure AGM is an open and democratic process.