A society is a group of people who have common interests which they wish to explore at University. These tend to fit into several broad categories; Religious & Lifestyle, Special interest, Performing Arts, Campaigns and Political, Cultural and Academic. Each society outlines its aims and objectives in a document known as its 'Constitution' which is approved by its members.
Setting up a society is a very simple process and the Student Activities Coordinator for your campus will be on hand to advise during the whole process! Fistly download the Start up form and complete the following
- Elect 3 enthusiastic students to run the committee- a Chairperson, Secretary and Treasurer are required for a society to operate
- Set your Society Aims and Objectives (these must not overlap with those of any existing society)
- Ensure membership is open to all Ulster University students and set a membership fee
- Tell us some ideas of events that you would put on for members
- Drop the completed form into your Students' Union general office or email to email@example.com