What is a Society?
A society is a group of people who have common interests which they wish to explore at University. These tend to fit into several broad categories; Religious & Lifestyle, Special interest, Performing Arts, Campaigns and Political, Cultural and Academic. Each society outlines its aims and objectives in a document known as its 'Constitution' which is approved by its members.
How to set up a Society
Setting up a society is a very simple process and the Student Activities Coordinator for your campus will be on hand to advise during the whole process!
Fistly download the Start up form and complete the following
- Elect 3 enthusiastic students to run the committee- a Chairperson, Secretary and Treasurer are required for a society to operate
- Set your Society Aims and Objectives (these must not overlap with those of any existing society)
- Ensure membership is open to all Ulster University students and set a membership fee
- Tell us some ideas of events that you would put on for members
- Drop the completed form into your Students' Union general office or email to email@example.com
Your Student Activities Coordinator will be in touch to confirm when your paperwork will be considered and hopefully approved by the Student Council Sub-Committee.
Once you get the go ahead the Student Activties Coordinator will help you get your society off the ground!
Brand new societies will be rewarded £50 funding from UUSU in their first semester.