Application deadline: Mon 29 Jul 2019
Rugby Development Assistant - Person Specification
Rugby Development Assistant - Application Form
Rugby Development Assistant - Covering Letter
Rugby Development Assistant - Fair Employment Form
Rugby Development Assistant - Job Description
N.B. This list should not to be regarded as exclusive or exhaustive. It is intended as an outline of the areas of activity and will be amended in the light of changing needs and/or priorities and in-line with agreed Key Performance Indicators.
The main duties are to: –
- Be an ambassador for the sport of Rugby at Ulster University, positively promoting it and the range of social, participant, club and performance Rugby opportunities available to students.
- Recruit and retain participants to all Rugby programmes and events.
- Help identify freshers with a Rugby background and develop programmes to engage and retain their involvement in all forms of university Rugby.
- Develop and deliver participation programmes at each campus in different aspects of the game e.g. Tag, Touch Rugby and X-Sevens
- Responsible for the development of coaching structures for Women’s Rugby on each campus to encourage more students to participate.
- Develop links with local schools and clubs to promote Rugby in Ulster University and proactively encourage school leavers to study at and play Rugby for the University.
- Maximise University initiatives, including Performance Sport Scholarships, to recruit talented Rugby players as students of the institution through the Talented Athlete Entry Scheme.
- Develop links with University staff to encourage volunteering in coaching and officiating.
- Monitor participation levels gather participant feedback and produce updates and reports as required by the Student Sport Manager for the Sports Management Group.
- Play an active role in the delivery of University Open Day’s and Fresher’s Fayres.
- Undertake other administrative duties as may be required from time to time by the Student Sport Manager.
The Rugby Development Assistant will:
(i) At all times by word and deed portray a positive image of the Ulster University.
(ii) Set high standards of integrity, punctuality, accuracy, politeness and professionalism by personal example.
(iii) Undertake such other duties as instructed, as are within the scope and spirit of the job purpose, the title of the post and its grading.
(iiii) Any information and data provided to the Students’ Union and used directly or indirectly in your role shall remain at all times the property of the Students’ Union.