Here at UUSU we’re delighted to welcome you back onto campus next month, subject to further guidance from the PHA and Stormont.
Here at UUSU we’re delighted to welcome you back onto campus next month, subject to further guidance from the PHA and Stormont. The success of the vaccine programme so far means we can start to plan campus-based student activities and events ahead of any further announcements.
Owen McCloskey, UUSU President said:
“I’m so excited to be planning Freshers Fortnight for new and returning students. Remember if you’re over 18 you can now get your vaccine so that we’re all protected when on campus. I honestly can’t wait to meet you all in September so please come and say hello if you see me about. Best of luck to you all, after a tough couple of years let’s make this one count!”
We have included some key facts about the vaccine programme below to continue to try to help our members to navigate the information.
- The COVID-19 vaccination is available to everyone over 18 in Northern Ireland. Although it’s a personal choice, we encourage all our members to take the opportunity to be vaccinated against COVID-19. Widespread uptake offers maximum protection in our community and supports the re-opening of society and a welcome return to normality for us all.
- For more information on receiving the vaccine visit www.nidirect.gov.uk/covidvaccine to find out where the vaccination centres are located. Anyone over the age of 18 can now get the COVID-19 vaccine. You don’t need to book and can get a COVID-19 vaccine at any of the regional vaccination centres (2nd jab) or one of the many mobile centres (1st jab) without an appointment.
- If you haven’t already done so, be sure to get your first vaccine soon so that you have time to fit in your second jab early in Semester One. With two doses, you are fully vaccinated and as protected as you can be.
- Staff at the vaccination centres will be happy to answer any questions or concerns you may have. The regional vaccination centres are now closed for first doses, but alternative and convenient centres will remain available to you.
- Any international students should visit www.nidirect.gov.uk/covidvaccine for details about the vaccination process for those who are temporarily residing in Northern Ireland. You will find the information you need in the section “Who can get vaccinated”.
- At www.nidirect.gov.uk/covidvaccine you will also find helpful answers to some of the questions you may have, as well as information on the safety of the three vaccines in use in Northern Ireland.